[whatwg] fieldset

Keryx Web webmaster at keryx.se
Sat Oct 17 03:05:06 PDT 2009

2009-10-17 12:04, Ian Hickson skrev:

>> A rider suggestion: expose<legend>  in the page outline as the heading
>> for the<fieldset>.
>
> I considered this, but I don't really want to make the algorithm any more
> complicated, and I'm not really sure we'd want that exposed, any more than
> you want the headings for individual inputs exposed, in the page outline.

And such a move might also have unintended consequences for
accessibility. AT do give legend in fieldsets a special treatment that
headings do not get. Without careful dialogue and user testing, we
should *not* change the meaning of legend.

However, does not this open up the possibility of getting rid of dt/dd
in details and use an hx element, which is a much better solution from a
semantic POV?

--
Keryx Web (Lars Gunther)
http://keryx.se/