[whatwg] progress/meter in spec

timeless timeless at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 01:42:23 PDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 5:43 AM, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> I think opinions on this are split, and we probably won't be able to
> determine for sure whether such UI is a good idea or not without more
> experience with this in the wild.

I'm not sure if i have an opinion. I'd like to note that I participate
in a number of surveys, and most of them try to show static progress
indicators.

If you want to participate and/or experience these indicators, you can
visit Zogby's (that's a recurring survey), or Nokia (on average you'll
be asked to participate in a web site visit survey, if not, try a
different nokia country site [nokiausa.com, nokia.es, ....]).

Those are the two sites I see surveys at regularly with progress
indicators (I don't visit much of the real web...).