[whatwg] Issue on drag & drop example in specification?

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Tue Oct 27 00:22:10 PDT 2009

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009, Shumpei Shiraishi wrote:

> I'm sorry for delay of replying and thanks for your post very much.
>
> > Here you want to put the preventDefault() after the for() loop, so
> > that it cancels the event only if the type was not found.
>
> Mmm, it seems my mistake about understanding the specification...

Actually no, my mistake, sorry!

Your example should work, with the call in question put in (not commented
out). If it doesn't, then that's a bug in the relevant browsers. I just
tried it in a recent WebKit nightly build and it seems to work with the
line included.

> And what I wanted to say is, "dnd operation is performed in spite of
> omitting to call preventDefault() in dragenter event, so could I omit
> to handle the dragenter event?".

If you omit the preventDefault() call, the drag shouldn't be allowed on
the element on which the event wasn't canceled.