[whatwg] createImageData should take unsigned long

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Thu Sep 3 16:50:33 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 4:48 AM, Oliver Hunt <oliver at apple.com> wrote:

> On Sep 3, 2009, at 4:54 AM, Ian Hickson wrote:
>
>> Yeah, that seems likely, since none of you implemented the higher-DPI
>> ImageData in your first versions. :-(
>>

> WebKit's implementation has always worked with high dpi backing stores and
> follows the spec accordingly.

Under what circumstances do you use more than one device pixel per CSS
pixel? Does it require the user to turn on UI scaling on Mac?

Regardless, I bet that most people using Webkit to write scripts using
getImageData still get it wrong, because they have normal screens.
Implementing high-res backing store in more browsers won't solve this
problem, not until the average developer has a high-dpi screen. But I repeat
myself.

Rob
53:5-6]