[whatwg] Fakepath revisited

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Mon Sep 7 15:53:17 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 3:56 AM, Aryeh Gregor
<Simetrical+w3c at gmail.com<Simetrical%2Bw3c at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> Browser vendors cannot sacrifice compatibility for long-term goals,
> because their users will rebel.

We can sacrifice *some* compatibility for *some* long-term goals. We do it
all the time, even Microsoft. It's all about tradeoffs.

In this case, I'd like to see a list of specific routers, sites etc that
triggered the implementation of fakepath in Opera and IE. I'd like to
crosscheck with our Bugzilla to understand why we haven't felt the need to
do this in Firefox.

Rob
53:5-6]