[whatwg] Spec comments, section 4.11

Aryeh Gregor Simetrical+w3c at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 17:06:37 PDT 2009

In "The command element":

'the checkbox" maps to the Checkbox'

Missing 'keyword "' or such before 'checkbox'.

In "The menu element":

"Tool bar" looks weird to me.  Isn't "toolbar" more common?

In "Introduction" (subsection of "The menu element"):

Is it intentional that the "save" button has an id, and none of the others do?

Also, no offense to whoever made that image, but maybe someone could
volunteer to whip up something that looks a little more attractive?
We have some designers who post here, I think.

In "Commands":

"This attribute will be shadowed by the icon attribute on command elements."

What does "shadowed" mean here?  Should it be a link to something?
The same goes for the other attributes with similar sentences.  Also,
in two cases it says "xxx IDL attribute", and twice it omits the word
IDL -- is that intentional?

In "The div element":

"she plays her new physique to the neighbors regularly, in an attempt
to get pets."

It's an example and a rather whimsical one at that, but I don't know
what "plays her new physique" means, and would think you mean "to get
petted" or such.  (And I'm an American, FWIW.  :P)