[whatwg] Application defined "locks"

Mike Shaver mike.shaver at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 09:03:19 PDT 2009

Aaron,

You're right, my recollection is quite incorrect.  My apologies for
unfairly describing the origin of the proposal.

Do you agree with Jeremy that Database is too far along in terms of
deployment to have significant changes made to it?  Given that we're
still hashing our major philosophical elements with respect to
transactionality and locking in parts of HTML5, I can imagine it being
quite desirable to make Database conform to whatever model we settle
on.  "Does the localStorage mutex plus onbeforeunload plus Database
transaction collision equal deadlock?", etc.

(I have other concerns with Database, but they are higher-level and
therefore likely less compelling to its advocates. :-) )

Mike