[whatwg] <object> behavior

Michael A. Puls II shadow2531 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 17:58:35 PDT 2009

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 08:42:10 -0400, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky at mit.edu> wrote:

> Ah.  I must have been unclear.  We (Gecko) consider it a bug that a
> display:none <object> in a document doesn't instantiate the plug-in.

I'm trying to remember. Did you also say that FF makes some use of
display: none for fallback content and that if FF was fixed so
display:none didn't affect plug-in instantiation, both plug-ins in the
following would load at the same time?

<object type="application/x-some-plugin">
     <object type="application/x-some-plugin"></object>
</object>

(as opposed to the nested one only firing up after the parent's fallback
mode is triggered)

Also, is it considered a bug just for <object>, or <embed> too?

Thanks

--
Michael