[whatwg] article/section/details naming/definition problems

Jeremy Keith jeremy at adactio.com
Wed Sep 16 09:30:55 PDT 2009

James Cready wrote:
> Just curious as to how your above examples would affect SEO.
> Wouldn't Google
> lower your rank (even just slightly) because you're using multiple
> h1 tags?

Given Google's support for HTML5, I don't think the new algorithm is
going to be a problem for SEO (though I'd welcome clarification on
that).

> Also in this example which header is the most important (for SEO,
> not just
> semantics). Is it the first h3 or the first h1?

An h1 nested within two sectioning elements has exactly the same
importance as an h3. That is, one isn't more or less important than
the other; they have an equivalence in importance.

--
Jeremy Keith

a d a c t i o

http://adactio.com/