[whatwg] Navigation events generated during unload

Marius Gundersen gundersen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 23:02:40 PDT 2009

AFAIK, only one event can run at a time. JavaScript has only one thread, so
an event generated while another event listener is executing is placed in a
queue, to be executed when the current execution thread is done. With
onunload, the entire page is unloaded after the event (if it returns true),
so the next event in the queue is ignored.

Marius Gundersen