[whatwg] Please always use utf-8 for Web Workers

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Fri Sep 25 10:21:55 PDT 2009

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 19:16:47 +0200, Drew Wilson <atwilson at google.com>
wrote:
> Certainly. If I explicitly override the charset, then that seems like
> reasonable behavior.

It does not need to be overridden per se. If the document character
encoding is different from UTF-8 then a script loaded through <script>
will be decoded differently from a script loaded through importScripts()
as well.

> Having the default decoding vary between importScripts() and <script>
> seems bad, especially since you can't override charsets with
> importScripts().

This is already the case. The suggestion was not about changing the
default.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/