[whatwg] Please always use utf-8 for Web Workers

Drew Wilson atwilson at google.com
Mon Sep 28 09:59:15 PDT 2009

Ah, sorry for the confusion - my use of "default" was indeed sloppy. I'm
saying that if the server is explicitly specifying the charset either via a
header or via BOMs, it seems bad to ignore it since there's no other way to
override the charset.
I understand your point, though - since workers don't inherit the document
encoding from their parent, they may indeed decode a given resource
differently if the server isn't specifying a charset in some way.

-atw