[whatwg] Using fonts stored on servers

Onsemeliot onsemeliot at gmx.net
Sat Apr 3 14:25:54 PDT 2010

Hi people,

I hope nobody is offended if I start being a member of this group by asking for a feature in the new standard.

I'm a web designer and try to stick to clear standards in order to get the best results on various systems, but I wonder why you don't implement the support of defining (at least) free font faces stored at any server.

There is an old solution for this on Netscape 4.1 and IE 4, but no newer browser supports anything similar.

I often work with very tight corporite design rules. They need to be implemented in all layout's, but it is always necessary to violate them on web pages because it is impossible to use specific fonts there without switching to images instead of using real text.

Do you see any chance of supporting such a feature in the future?

Bye for now
Onsemeliot
jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atbrowser