[whatwg] Changing punctuation value of input element in telephone state

Davis Peixoto davis.peixoto at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 16:32:30 PDT 2010

> When I was using MacOS X, I hated how the contact application was
> restyling my phone numbers.
> By the way, it lets me think about something: the telephone state can
> still be used for autocomplete with phones from contacts.
>
> --
> Mounir

Good one, Mounir.

Tab, this does not means only formatting, but the input length will differ
too much.

Uruguay for example, has only 6 digits number, 8 with international leading
code.
Brazil has 9 or 10, depending on the region, plus 2 with international
leading code.

That's the point. But as I said, when we have some standard for it (I doubt
of this, but let's suppose it), we can put this inside locales
configuration. This is a nice idea. Anyway, backend programmer will still
need to sanitize this input somehow. Yeah, I do not see much light for this
matter.

--
Hugs, Davis.