[whatwg] Race condition in media load algorithm

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Mon Aug 2 12:11:53 PDT 2010

On Mon, 2 Aug 2010, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> So the model is that there are asynchronous tasks but there are also
> things that run after the "current asynchronous task" finishes?

It's a little more detailed than that, but yes, that describes the event
loop model.

> How are we defining "current asynchronous task" and "finish"?

In terms of the event loop algorithm:

   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/complete/webappapis.html#processing-model-2

> How does this setup handle cases when the "current asynchronous task"
> spins the event loop, if at all?

The spinning of the event loop is also defined in terms of the event loop
in a manner that strictly defines this:

   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/complete/webappapis.html#spin-the-event-loop