[whatwg] CSS2 system colors in legacy color values

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Tue Aug 3 18:12:23 PDT 2010

On Aug 3, 2010, at 5:55 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> WebKit on Mac responds to changes to the color "Highlight" by changing the colour to the default blue the next time it resolves style (as far as I can tell). Not exactly a success story. (Highlight is the only colour over which the user seems to have control on Mac.)

I just tested this and it works perfectly. When I change the Highlight color using the Appearance pane of the Mac OS X System Preferences the color of highlighted text in Safari is immediately the right color as soon as I switch back to Safari.

Your comment, “[WebKit changes] the colour to the default blue the next time it resolves style” makes it sound like the code doesn’t work, but it works well and it is a success story!

    -- Darin