[whatwg] Please consider adding a couple more datetime <input> types - type="year" and type="month-day"

Kit Grose kit at iqmultimedia.com.au
Sun Aug 8 18:11:52 PDT 2010

The field being four digits long doesn't restrict its contents to four digits only. I suppose you do raise an interesting concern; should the "year" field also permit the entry of BC/AD? If so, that might invalidate the ability to use a number field; you'd need to use a validation pattern on a standard text field.

—Kit