[whatwg] Feedback on the Mozilla FullScreen API proposal

John Harding jharding at google.com
Sun Aug 8 21:49:27 PDT 2010

Fullscreen support for specific elements is more than just a convenience -
it's fairly common to have multiple elements on a page that could be made to
go fullscreen, such as a page with multiple video players.  For YouTube,
we've chosen to put our embeddable player within an <iframe>, but I imagine
some others will directly inline their player content.

Mike, regarding your suggestions of element-level allow/deny attributes, I'm
not sure I see how this can work.  The root problem in your examples is that
the page author is allowing untrusted content in their page.  Ads should be
sandboxed from the rest of the page for more than just prevention of
fullscreen.

-John