[whatwg] Feedback on the Mozilla FullScreen API proposal

John Harding jharding at google.com
Sun Aug 8 22:58:17 PDT 2010

If there are multiple elements on the page (e.g. multiple inline video
players) that could go fullscreen, you still need some way to determine
which of them the user intended to make fullscreen.  My understanding is
that was the point of designating a fullscreen element - it still requires
that elements cooperate (by checking to see that they are the intended
fullscreen element), but it's possible for them to do the right thing.
If fullscreen was initiated at the document level, then the intended
behavior is ambiguous, and I would expect none of the elements to go
fullscreen.

-John