[whatwg] Non-blocking SVG Canvas?

Kevin Ar18 kevinar18 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 10 18:07:17 PDT 2010

> > I think I would really like to get some input from people who have done some work on the SVG spec. :)
>
> www-svg at w3.org is the right place for that.

Thanks, I sent off a question there.

However, back to HTML5 4.8.16

It says that the svg element is in the SVG namespace... however, it describes the element as being:
"embedded content, phrasing content, and flow content categories for the purposes of the content models in this specification."

Would describing svg under these 3 content models in any way imply that the svg tag should act like an invisible box to capture events (and block everything underneath).

Essentially, if I were to find out that according to the SVG specs, the svg canvas should not block items underneath... then my question is does anything in the HTML5 spec say that it should block?  ... or perhaps it could be interpreted either way?