[whatwg] Canvas feedback (various threads)

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 11 15:27:40 PDT 2010

On 8/11/10 4:35 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jul 2010, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>>
>> I do think the spec could benefit from an example akin to the one in the
>> CoreGraphics documentation.
>
> I followed your references but I couldn't figure out which example you
> meant. What exactly do you think we should add?

Effectively the part starting with the second paragraph under
"Discussion" at
http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/GraphicsImaging/Reference/CGAffineTransform/Reference/reference.html#//apple_ref/doc/c_ref/CGAffineTransform
and going through the two linear equations defining x' and y'.  Plus a
bit that says how the linear list of arguments passed to transform()
maps to the 2-dimensional array of numbers in the transformation matrix.

-Boris