[whatwg] [html5] r5307 - [giow] (0) use vendor--feature instead of _vendor-feature since Apple engineers [...]

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Mon Aug 16 21:32:33 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

> Hmm, good point. Any other suggestions?

Mozilla has already added a number of extensions using just a "moz" prefix
... e.g. mozInnerScreenX, mozPaintCount, mozRequestAnimationFrame.

Webkit has added extensions using a "webkit" prefx ... e.g.
webkitDisplayingFullscreen.

In theory I guess that pattern could conflict with new features. But in
practice it doesn't seem likely unless new engines enter the market and
choose prefixes poorly. (I.e., don't choose a prefix that matches an English
verb or noun.)

Rob