[whatwg] EventSource: resolving URLs

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Thu Dec 2 05:48:02 PST 2010

Per the EventSource specification URLs are resolved against the "first
script". However, implementations -- Opera and Chrome -- appear to resolve
URLs in the same way they are resolved for XMLHttpRequest. I.e. against
the Document the interface object is associated with.

That is why this testcase is failing:

http://tc.labs.opera.com/apis/EventSource/eventsource-constructor-url-multi-window.htm

It makes some sense to me to resolve URLs in the same way as
XMLHttpRequest. Does "first script" really make sense here? I also wonder
if "first script" is actually ever used for this. (Did not put time in
investigating that for now.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/