[whatwg] Bluetooth

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 06:17:37 PST 2010

IMO it's not so much about how the device is connected, but rather
what the device is: e.g. if it's a storage device then it should come
up as a storage device and not as a USB or FW device - the latter
doesn't really say what its use is.

It would be more interesting to hear more about what uses we are
seeing for the <device> element about what external devices it should
support than about what types of ports external devices should be able
to be hooked up through.

I can, e.g. think of input devices such as microphone, scanner,
camera, and output devices such as headphones/speakers (no need to
distinguish, probably), external displays, storage.

There probably are two dimensions to think about: is it an
input/output device, and what type of data does it provide/take.
Possibly also what format that data comes in/is given in.

Cheres,
Silvia.