[whatwg] Exposing spelling/grammar suggestions in contentEditable

Aryeh Gregor Simetrical+w3c at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 16:00:46 PST 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Charles Pritchard <chuck at jumis.com> wrote:
> I can tell you, that blocking the issue does have real usability costs:

I don't know if everyone here actually agrees with that.  Why can't
you rely on the browser's built-in spell-checking?  What are you
trying to do here?  What, in other words, is the actual use-case?  I
don't actually see you stating one in the thread (although maybe I'm
just missing it).  If there's no good use-case presented, then even
without security problems, no one is likely to spec or implement the
feature.