[whatwg] Device Element

Nikita Eelen neelen at amvonet.com
Wed Dec 29 12:22:34 PST 2010

I agree with Seth and the others that promote the spec idea. If a
detailed spec is needed although I too do not have much experience in
writing them I would definitely give some of my time along with Seth
to writing one. The thing with html5 is how long the spec is going to
be in spec status and even then wide implementation is still quite a
bit of time away.

 If this is not going to be implemented you will have to either use
flash, or native code, or activeX whoever knows if that XUL comment is
true but if it is then it's the same problem of no standard. Heck svg
just this year started becoming standard with new browsers.
Considering google has native client does that mean in the future all
I have a choice over is flash + native client (google and all
desktops) or native code (all others) and based on the platform design
code natively? Sounds like the current times problem to me.

Anyone else coding a web application with camera/microphone access for
android, iOS, Winphone 7, blackberry, Mac and PC? Each with their own
flaws to do the same darn thing :(. It would be a lot easier if this
was the same don't you think?

Hope someone else out there maybe with experience can usher some
guidance and let me and Seth know how we can help with this spec?

Kind regards,
Nikita

--
Nikita Eelen