[whatwg] Mechanism to find available events

Garrett Smith dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 21:19:44 PST 2010

On 12/29/10, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> Aside from that, the event generation APIs are just awful, and for
> that, again, I've reified the proposal for extensible event synth API
> that takes an interface name and a properties object to replace the
> multiplicitous methods with excessive, unmemorable, and brittle
> argument lists.

Badly written and not proofread. What I meant was:

I've reified the proposal for extensible event synth API that takes an
interface name and a properties object and posted it on www-dom thread
"DOM event detection" (URL below). The API is intended to replace the
multiplicitous methods that have excessive, unmemorable, and brittle
argument lists, e.g. initMouseEvent, initKeyboardEvent, initTextEvent,
et al.

"DOM event detection"
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2010OctDec/0188.html
--