[whatwg] canvas, img, file api and blobs

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 15 08:10:30 PST 2010

On 2/15/10 9:43 AM, Stef Epardaud wrote:
> In a related question, is there any guarantee that when we draw an image
> with EXIF information into a canvas for resizing, we get (or not) the
> EXIF back in the resized image (currently via toDataURL())?

You don't.  The canvas is just a bitmap; it has no attached metadata.

This could be changed, but various things would need to be defined about
what happens when multiple images are drawn in, when images are drawn on
top of other things in the canvas, when stuff is drawn on top of images
in the canvas, etc.

-Boris