[whatwg] Customize HTML5 forms placeholder style

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 22 09:52:57 PST 2010

On 2/22/10 12:46 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Boris Zbarsky<bzbarsky at mit.edu>  wrote:
>> On 2/22/10 12:01 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>>
>>> Now if we can just get the Generated and Replaced Content Module
>>> implemented...
>>
>> This would be a lot simpler if CSS actually happened to define box
>> generation, say.  Right now it doesn't, really, with the result that even
>> box generation for vanilla CSS2.1 is underdefined in many cases and varies
>> between browsers.  Forget the complexities the pie-in-the-sky replaced
>> content module injects....
>
> Agreed; I wasn't trying to cast aspersions on anyone.  ^_^

Sure, and I didn't take it that way.  Just trying to outline specific
action areas (or vague descriptions of action items, if you prefer) that
would help with getting it implemented.  ;)

-Boris