[whatwg] Offscreen canvas (or canvas for web workers).

Andrew Grieve agrieve at google.com
Wed Feb 24 07:45:44 PST 2010

Regarding the three steps of offscreen rendering:

1. Draw stuff
2. Ship pixels to main thread
3. Draw them on the screen.

How would you do #2 efficiently? If you used toDataUr*l*(), then you have to
encode a png on one side and then decode the png on the main thread. I think
we might want to add some sort of API for blitting directly from an
offscreen canvas to an onscreen one. Perhaps via a canvas ID.

Andrew