[whatwg] question about the popstate event
darin at chromium.org
Tue Jan 5 16:53:09 PST 2010
I'd like to make sure that I'm understanding the spec for pushState and the
popstate event properly.
Suppose, I have the following sequence of events:
1. Page A is loaded.
2. Page A calls pushState("foo", null).
3. The user navigates to Page B.
4. The user navigates back to Page A (clicks the back button once).
Assuming the document of Page A was disposed upon navigation to Page B
(i.e., that it was not preserved in a page cache), should a popstate event
be generated as a result of step 4?
>From my reading of the spec, I would expect the following steps:
5. Page A is loaded.
6. The load event for Page A is dispatched.
7. The popstate event for Page A is dispatched.
Do I understand correctly?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the whatwg