[whatwg] Question about header and footer

Lachlan Hunt lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au
Tue Jan 12 01:19:04 PST 2010

Bruce Lawson wrote:
> Is it permissible for one element to have more than one child headers, or
> more than one child footers?

Yes.

> And, if is permissible, should it be?

Unless we have a very good reason, I don't think we should start placing
arbitrary restrictions on how elements can be used.  In fact, there's a
very good reason to allow footers to be used more than once per section,
as illustrated by the first footer element example in the spec.  I don't
believe it's a problem for multiple headers either as the sectioning
algorithm will create implied sections from the headings anyway.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/