[whatwg] Article: Growing pains afflict HTML5 standardization

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Mon Jul 12 00:30:33 PDT 2010

On 11.07.2010 06:14, Garrett Smith wrote:
> I read where you cited Shelley Powers as a critic of Ian Hickson. I
> don't know why this criticism should be considered at all. I read that
> you cited Shelley Powers' accomplishments at publishing a large number
> of books. I stopped reading at that point.

This in an article that reports on the problems of the WGs involved in
HTML. I really do believe that talking to Shelley (among others) and
citing her is the right thing to do. YMMV.

> Although I would rather see technical criticism, that, coming from
> cnet.com, would likely come off as hypocritical. Take the HTML, for
> example:
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.cnet.com%2F8301-30685_3-20008935-264.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

Google:
<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0>