[whatwg] The youtube html5 streaming issue reprise

Shane Fagan shanepatrickfagan at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 16 07:22:43 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-16 at 15:40 +0200, Nils Dagsson Moskopp wrote:
> Shane Fagan <shanepatrickfagan at ubuntu.com> schrieb am Fri, 16 Jul 2010
> 14:34:37 +0100:
>
> > It may actually already work in the browsers already
> > but I havent checked it, ill try it later in the theora enabled
> > browsers and report back to anyone who is interested.
>
> I have been using Icecast and oggfwd to stream Ogg Vorbis for web
> radio. As I can remember, it worked in Firefox / Iceweasel.
>

> Greetings,

And was it using the audio tag?
I remember the google guys points about needing to have some diagnostics
and other info. From what I understand icecast just detects how many
people have connected and are connected to the server but thats it. Im
sure the other diagnostics that they need could be added to the server
side. Also im sure it would be trivial to add VP8 support in icecast too
since theora has paved the way. So can one of the youtube guys chime in
here because I think we have an answer to one of their issues.

--fagan