[whatwg] Canvas transform() method and matrix multiplication order

David Flanagan david at davidflanagan.com
Mon Jul 19 13:25:03 PDT 2010

While I'm harping on the transform() method, I'd like to point out that
the current spec text "must multiply the current transformation matrix
with the matrix described by..." is ambiguous because matrix
multiplication is not commutative.  Perhaps an explicit formula that
showed the order would be clearer.

Furthermore, if the descriptions for translate(), scale() and rotate()
were to altered to describe them in terms of transform() that would
tighten things up.

	David