[whatwg] Why not creating a category for elements candidate for constraint validation?

Mounir Lamouri mounir.lamouri at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 06:47:32 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm wondering why there is no categories for elements candidate for
constraint validation. In the current state of the specs, all listed
elements are candidate for constraint validation except when they are
barred from constraint validation. Barring an element from constraint
validation when it is in a certain state seems good but having elements
always barred from constraint validation seems a bad idea. It makes them
having the entire constraint validation API for nothing.

Wouldn't that be preferable to have the constraint validation API
implemented only on elements that can actually use it? I think it would
probably be less confusing.

So, anyone knows if there is a reason (too much categories already?
easier describe in the specs?) to have this done this way or if it could
be possible to have this new category?

Thanks,
--
Mounir