[whatwg] <video> application/octet-stream

James Salsman jsalsman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 22:03:38 PDT 2010

I would like to speak up for sniffing because I believe in the
robustness principle.  I don't know why people who are capable of
coding hundreds of lines of dense, uncommented javascript can't get
their web servers to declare the correct type of their media files,
but it happens so often that I think sniffing is completely
reasonable.

There aren't too many media types without distinctive headers these
days, so the actual arguments against sniffing are pretty weak, aren't
they?