[whatwg] Timed tracks for <video>

Jonas Sicking jonas at sicking.cc
Thu Jul 22 23:16:28 PDT 2010

Based on your email, this sounds like a very interesting format.
However I can't really be certain due to two issues:

1. Reviewing the format by reading the parsing specification is
basically impossible. Basically requires comming up with random
inputs, stepping through the specification for each input, until I see
patterns in the output. This will take more time than I have
available. It's also likely that I'll miss several patterns.
2. In order to ensure that I've read all the parts related to WebSRT I
need to read the full HTML spec. While this is something I'm in the
process of doing, it'll probably take me months before I'm done.

In short, I'd love to see WebSRT be written as a separate spec, with
sections (non-normative if needed) that contain more human readable
information about the format.