[whatwg] Please disallow "javascript:" URLs in browser address bars

Ryosuke Niwa ryosuke.niwa at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 11:36:05 PDT 2010

I second that call.  While your suggestion seems to prevent some existing
social engineering, you must realize that HTML5 isn't going to be
recommended until ~2020.  By that time, everything we talk about social
engineering today will be completely obsolete.  Things like this are best
left to be taken care by UA vendors.  I suggest that you write a formal
request and send it to major UA vendors such as Apple, Google, Microsoft,
Opera, etc...