[whatwg] 'Main Part of the Content' Idiom

Daniel Persson danielperssondeluxe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 07:27:14 PDT 2010

I am the one posting the question on the help list. To me, the lack of html5
definition of main content, ie body copy in paper publishing, is a big
mistake. Imagine the amount of sites where "everything else" includes a lot
of unimportant extra, or peripheral, content. Content which is not
necessarily hierarchically legible by a machine. Getting authors to be
disciplined about defining main content is more important than being
negate the meaning of html5 structural mark-up.

Suggestion <bodycopy>... or, preferred, <bread>.

/Daniel