[whatwg] Form validation against invisible controls

Schalk Neethling schalk at ossreleasefeed.com
Mon Jun 7 04:53:29 PDT 2010

I would also go with not using the visual state of an element as an indication of whether it needs to be validated or not but rather an additional attribute link the @hidden attribute proposed earlier.

I do see though that one might ask the question, how will I indicate an error on a specific field if that field is visually hidden? Good question but, that should be left up to the developer to handle and not the UA. Currently I reckon this is a problem as the UA decides where to place its validation, hoping there will be a way to override this behavior, if desired, in future.

Schalk