[whatwg] What is not possible with HTML5

Nikita Eelen neelen at amvonet.com
Mon Jun 7 07:01:29 PDT 2010

I believe video telephony is not possible due to security limitations in
browser, but it was in spec but never acted upon as of yet (IE device access
using something like a microphone/camera etc.), however i believe this is
possible to work around (with individual browser extensions, like firefox
extensions, or
a native plugin (flash comes to mind but sucks for mobile devices in terms
of battery life), so I think for all those as of now need to be written as
either
A.) An application that acts as a plugin (ex: Flash)
B.) An extension to a browser (Firefox extension/active x control etc.)
C.) A native application that reads the camera/microphone for a given device
when the above is not possible (Ex: iPhone/iPad),
if this is possible any other ways I would be very interested if anyone
could comment,
Thanks,
Nikita

--