[whatwg] What is not possible with HTML5

narendra sisodiya narendra at narendrasisodiya.com
Mon Jun 7 09:52:49 PDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 10:14 PM, narendra sisodiya <
narendra at narendrasisodiya.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 8:52 PM, Jeremy Orlow <jorlow at chromium.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Jeremy Orlow <jorlow at chromium.org> wrote:
>>
>>> In that case, I think your original email could have been much more clear
>>> and direct.
>>

>> Er...ignore that response...got mixed up with who I was responding to.
>>
>> Proper response:
>> I was responding to Narenda's original email which was a much more
>> general question of "what is not possible with HTML5".  You seem to have
>> gotten hung up on the example Narenda was using.  If you'd like to discuss
>> the specific example of video conferencing, perhaps you should fork this
>> thread (i.e. change the subject)?
>>

> My concern was very much clear.. What will be in HTML6&7 spec, What is the
> remaining tasks to do. What is not possible with HTML5. at spec level and at
> the implementation level.
>
> I gave video telephony as example.

I clearly see the huge market in Virtual worlds like second life
and augmented reality in mobile phones. WebGL is a rendering specification.
I think , on top of webGL , we may need some higher order specification for
3D web.
Who know, HTMLx may include <3dwall orientation='right' id='facebook-wall'
/> type of tags,

Anyway , I am a strong believer of Matrix. We will be having a similar sort
of Matrix is future. So It is the question of future that - 'will Matrix us
flash/sliverlight or Open Standards'

If All of sudden we got huge bandwidth and second life will be
most popular web browser. in second life one can have a 2D browser and other
technologies. I was just trying to have a discussion of future version of
HTMLx , open standards and future technologies...

I have seen a 'lazy web' nature. first close standards comes and then we
fight for an equivilant open standard.

--
│    Narendra Sisodiya