[whatwg] input type=upload (not just files) proposal

Simpson, Grant Leyton glsimpso at indiana.edu
Tue Jun 8 07:52:02 PDT 2010

O.K. Just wanted to clarify. With this sort of dialog in mind, I like your proposal. (I find it unrealistic to think that the average user would write out "file://..." but maybe I am mistaken.)

However, I see one possible issue. Some apps provide the means to work with local files, URLs, and direct text input (such as the W3C's validator: http://validator.w3.org/). Might others expand your suggestion to include the direct text option? I don't have an opinion on that other than to say that the appropriate balance between utility and complexity would need to be found.