[whatwg] Form validation against invisible controls

Bruce de Graaf WeBMartians at verizon.net
Tue Jun 15 05:29:57 PDT 2010

I remember an article that stated that "required" was used 29 times more
often than "mandatory" in instructions and specifications (WWWeb pages
were mentioned as being part of the search source).

Mandatory implies that there may be reprisals for failure to comply,
because, and, secondarily, such failures could lead to loss of sovereign
integrity.

Required has no connotation that failure to comply will result in loss
of integrity and, while cooperation may be conditional, certainly, does
not intimate retribution.
===