[whatwg] Serialization of boolean content attributes

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Fri Jun 18 11:10:58 PDT 2010

18.06.2010, в 11:01, Jonas Sicking написал(а):

> The fact that it's compatible with the web is definitely important,
> though are you really worried that serializing as <option selected>
> isn't compatible with the web?

Did you mean <option selected="">? There doesn't seem to be any good
reason to have different HTML and XML serializations here.

No, I'm not worried about it - we've had it in WebKit forever, and
never saw any compatibility bugs. We've been asked to generate valid
HTML4 serialization for boolean attributes, and since there very
little risk in that (just become compatible with Firefox), I think
it's something we could eventually do, but only if HTML5 agrees.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov