[whatwg] Allowing ">" in attribute values

David Workman workmad3 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 02:48:03 PDT 2010

I disagree, there are so many other things you need to take account of if
you were (for example) getting all the text out of an HTML document. Text
and markup in comment nodes would just through a spanner in the works for
starters.

It all boils down to the fact that the only thing disallowing ">" in
attribute values does is simplify regex scanning of HTML (which *isn't*
parsing). Seeing as regex parsing of HTML is wrong in so many ways, and
isn't something that should be (IMO) encouraged in the slightest, I don't
see any reason to change the allowance for ">" characters in attributes.

David W.

On 25 June 2010 10:46, Skrol29
<skrol29forum+whatwg at gmail.com<skrol29forum%2Bwhatwg at gmail.com>