[whatwg] [html5] Attaching option elements to select elements in different documents

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Thu Mar 4 04:18:21 PST 2010

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 13:05:13 +0100, Stewart Brodie
<stewart.brodie at antplc.com> wrote:
> Is this documented anywhere?

On some W3C mailing list archive I think.

> By "compatibility problems", presumably you
> mean bugs in Firefox that were then exploited by content authors who
> didn't know better?   From Maciej's description of WebKit's behaviour,
> it looks
> like either they didn't know about this consensus or they didn't
> implement it compatibly.

I forgot the details.

> This definitely needs to be documented in HTML5.

It seems it should be specified in the new version of DOM Core.

> Are there any more retrospective changes to fundamental behaviour
> specified in DOM Core in the pipeline that I need to know about?  I
> already know about the one in DOM Event about capturing listeners being
> called in the target
> phase.

Well, features that are not implemented are planned to be dropped. Don't
recall anything else right now.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/