[whatwg] Fullscreen for HTML5 Video element

Ashley Sheridan ash at ashleysheridan.co.uk
Tue Mar 9 02:09:18 PST 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 03:00 +0100, Remco wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 02:46, David Singer <singer at apple.com> wrote:
> > Kiosks and the like fall into the category where the user agent, hardware platform, and so on, are known in advance, so proprietary extensions or other special methods work just fine.
>
> Until you find out that you can't change the infrastructure because
> you would need to rewrite the application. You don't want to end up
> with another IE6: an ancient application that you can't get rid of
> because all intranet applications would break.

I would expect the kiosks to have their own display mode which is
fullscreen. If you need the video full-screen, just use CSS to style it.
I don't think you should be able to display any HTML elements over the
top of the browser window, as that would just lead to a whole world of
pain.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk