[whatwg] Spec formats

Perry Smith pedzsan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 19:21:36 PDT 2010

On Mar 22, 2010, at 7:00 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> If you would like to generate ePub or other formats of the spec, I
> would
> be happy to coordinate with you to set up a system that can do this
> on a
> regular basis for the spec, just like the PDF and multipage versions
> of
> the spec get regularly generated each day or with each update.

I would like to help with this.

I downloaded the source you pointed me to.  Are the post processing
tools available?

The ePub generators all start with HTML.  But the various versions
available all had one problem with them or another.  I won't elaborate
here.

There will also need to be some style sheet tweaking because usually
the readers are black and white.

I'm am using Calibre at this point although I tried other ePub
generators too.  Calibre is a open source Python based tool that can
generate ePub documents starting from html.  It is like iTunes except
for eBooks.

My initial objective will be to produce a single page html version and
stylesheets that Calibre will work with and produces something that
looks decent on my eReader (I have a "nook".)

On a slightly different topic, is there an official "cover" for this
book (or these books)?

Thank you,
Perry